A massive car bomb exploded in the basement of the Bombay Stock Exchange building on March 1993. The 28-story office building was severely damaged.
2. TCS alone is bigger than total m-cap of all listed stocks in Pakistan. (As on April 23 2018).
3. ‘6 micro seconds per trade’ is the speed of Bombay Stock Exchange takes, Asia's first & the Fastest Stock Exchange in world.
4. Indian Stock Market transact 17 Crore per second.
5. There are total of 21 stock exchange in India.
6. Day trading is banned in Chinese stock market. Lucky Indians!
7. Trading on the Bombay Stock Exchange was conducted under the Banyan Tree in 1955.
8. The record low Sensex has ever touched is 113.28 points in December, 1979.
9. Jubilant food stock once jumped 233% within a year just after changing their pizza recipe. DOMINO’S
10. Approximately 6000 companies are listed on the BSE.(highest number of listed companies in the world).
11. The 'bull' and 'bear' words that are used in the market to comes from the way these animals attack their opponents. A bull thrusts its horns up into the air upwards, while a bear swipes its paws downward.
12. Gate No. 2 of BOMBAY STOCK EXCHANGE is still a mystery .
Case 1: Opened in 1992 for the first time. Harshad Mehta Scam Case 2: Opened in 2001 to welcome US Prez : Major Stock Market collapse Case 3: Opened in 2008 : You know what happened. Case 4?
13. LESS THAN Less than 2% of Indian household saving goes into the equity markets.
[Author is SEBI Registered Research Analyst]